View Full Version : Disneyland tips??
01-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Looks like we are going to Disneyland sometime soon! :dance:
Anyone have any tips? Money savers? Anything? :lol:
Doug & I went for our honeymoon 10 years ago, but I know a lot has changed!
01-11-2007, 12:48 PM
You'll have a terrific time. I haven't been to the California Adventure yet, but maybe towards the ending of this year we might go down. Besides.... it's only 6 hours from our house.
01-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I have a money saving tip for you Annie. Get onto Interstate 10 and head east.. drive aprox 250 miles, and then exit the freeway.. and bring me a hug from canada ok. :lol:
I havent been to Disneyland since Jessica was 4, and have never been to Ca adventures. I hope you all have a great time, and take lots of pictures.
01-12-2007, 10:14 AM
OMG when are you coming?!?!?! We GOTTA meet up...I live about 2 hours from there right now, but if you are gonna be here on a weekend, I am always in OC!
As far as money tips, let me see what I can find. I know 1 main thing...is don't eat on Harbor Blvd right by Disneyland, they increase their prices big time...and most of the resturants have another location within a 10 min drive, with the lower prices.
01-12-2007, 11:58 AM
:lol: Well, we won't have a car, so not sure I can drive out there Tina!
Lisa! I'll let you know when we have our dates set :)
01-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I live closest to Disneyland!! It's about 5 miles away or so!! We were there on Jan 4th!
Living here it might be different. You can stop by the grocery and pick up apple sauce cups, water, bread or rolls for sandwiches and lunch meat, cheese (especially if you get a room with a kitchenette or mini fridge). You can bring some food in but they won't let you pack away enough for the whole day. If you do, they want you to use a locker for it, located just outside the main gate.
I agree with Lisa also, don't eat on Harbor Blvd. There are lots of places a short drive from the Disney Resort on Ball Rd and Katella. It depends on the food you want.
We go so often I can tell you the exact procedure for everything! Lol.
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
yeah...like Ann said about the grcoery store...that is the best way to do it. I know that when she and I use to go together...I would stop at the Ralph's grocery store and buy their kids meals in the deli. It was like $2.99, for a sandwich, chips, drink, and cookie. I know out here where I live, the Stater Bros grocery store has them too.
01-16-2007, 11:35 PM
I remember those!! The kids meal was enough for me too. Lol.
01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
We bought park-hopper passes from the Disneyland Web site -- way cheaper than buying there.
1. Stay across the street from the park esp. if you're using a stroller. The monorail from the Disneyland hotel is a pain as you have to fold the stroller. Instead, we stayed across the street from the entrance at the Carousel Inn (which has a fridge and microwave and a decent breakfast in the mornings from 7 am). There's a minimart to buy milk right next door. Plus, you can see the fireworks from there.
Make a list of the must-do rides. In the past, we've wasted time on the train, the Tiki room, etc. because they had no lines. Duh: there's a reason there are no lines for those things.See list of best rides (imo) below.*
2. Get to the park at 8 am when it opens. Ride all the best rides but choose the popular ones that don't have fast passes. You can do any ride you want with no wait at all until around 10:30 am when it starts getting crowded.
3. 10:30-noon: Now do the fast pass rides. Again, no wait at all.
4. Noon: Have lunch and go back to hotel for a nap.
5. Around 5 pm, head back to the park. Watch the parade (regular one day, electrical light one day). Have dinner at the Blue Bayou (make reservations ahead of time). Settle down to watch Fantasmic.
Head back to the castle to watch the fireworks. Or get on Pirates, Star Tours and other rides while the fireworks are on and no one's in line.
6. Back to the hotel to bathe and go to sleep. Set alarm for 6:30 because you want to be at breakfast by 7 am.
- Star Tours
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Peter Pan
- Fantasmic (show at night)
- fireworks over the castle
- Soaring Over California (in California Adventure Park)
- It's Tough to be a Bug (in CA park)
- Buzz Lightyear (kids are the only ones to really like this. don't forget to look for your picture and email it to yourself at the end)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Haunted Mansion
- Space Mountain
- Indiana Jones
- Honey I Shrunk the Audience
- Tower of Terror (in CA Park)
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.