AnniesBoutique.ca & MaternityCorner.com Community
Go Shopping!
~ Maternity ~ Babies & Toddlers ~ Nursing ~ Bath and Body ~ Party Supplies ~ More...
Be Informed! ~ MC Magazine ~ Conception ~ Pregnancy ~ Infants ~ Toddlers ~ More...
Get Connected! Boards ~ Chat ~ Blogs ~ Polls

Be Informed!
MC Magazine

Conception

Pregnancy

Infants

Toddlers
More...

Find It!

Web maternitycorner
& Annie's Boutique

Go Shopping!
MaternityCorner
Annie's Kids
Amazon.com
Amazon.ca

FREE Deals of the Week

Go Back   AnniesBoutique.ca & MaternityCorner.com Community > Ladies Connection > Recipe Central

Recipe Central Stuck for a dinner idea? Got a fantastic recipe you want to share? Come on in!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Community LeaderCommunity Member

Default Butternut Squash & Italian Sausage Ravioli

At the Wallymart the other day, I was surprised to see they had pre-diced packages of butternut squash (in the pre-chopped veggies section of the produce aisle - baby carrots, celery, diced onion, etc.), so having vaguely remembered a pasta recipe done with butternut squash on the Food Network (but never paid close attention to because I hate & despise chopping up whole butternut squash), I grabbed some - along with some three-cheese ravioli (where you find tortellini and other prepared pastas) to make this week.

So I ended up just winging it and not hunting down the Food Network recipe...Not at all low carb or heart-healthy (sausage) but reeeeeally, really warm and cozy on a freezing cold January day!

Ingredients - as listed here, will make enough for 2 adults. Increase appropriately for more people.

1 package three cheese ravioli (the large, half-moon shaped ones is what I used)

1 package pre-diced butternut squash (about 1-2 cups, about 1/2" cubes)

1/2 package (that's all I had leftover in my freezer and it was just right) mild Italian sausage

Olive oil

Salt and cayenne pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 to roast your squash. I lined a roasting pan with foil and dribbled in some olive oil, enough to coat the squash. Stir to coat squash with oil thoroughly and sprinkle on sea salt to taste, and a TINY TINY touch of cayenne pepper for a little kick!

2. Roast squash at 425 for 30 minutes and stir about every 10-15 minutes so it roasts evenly. Important though - I like my squash unsquashy...roasted just enough so that is soft, but still retains its body.

3. While squash roasts, brown your Italian sausage in a skillet. Set aside when brown.

4. Prepare ravioli as directions on package indicate. I added a few drops of olive oil so they wouldn't stick.
Drain and set aside.

5. Spray a glass casserole dish with cooking spray and line the bottom with cooked ravioli. Layer the sausage over the ravioli and add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top of the sausage. Add a layer of butternut squash when it comes out of the oven; top with another sprinkle of Parmesan.

6. Pop casserole into the oven at 425 for about 10 minutes - enough for your Parmesan to melt.

That's it!

Laura, Mom to Sam (11) and Charlie (3)
"I just give birth to 'em...I don't explain 'em..." - Laura's Mom

Please Shop at Annie's Boutique

Old 02-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Administrator
Site AdminCommunity Member